Town of Sutton 

 

TOWN OF SUTTON

AGENDA

Regular Meeting of Tuesday,  April 10 (7:00 p.m.)

Pillsbury Memorial Hall

93 Main Street

Sutton Mills, NH 03221

 

 

Board Members Present: Roger Wells, Chair; David Angeli; Jim Lowe; and Diane Lander, Alternate.

Ex-Officio Board Member Present: Bill Curless

Staff Present: No staff members were present.

Others Present: Jim Morris, Sutton Resident

 

Call to Order Regular Meeting

Chairperson Wells called the meeting to order at 7:12 p.m.

~ Roll Call

~ Approval of Minutes of Regular Meeting of March 27, 2018

Motion: Ex-Officio Board Member Bill Curless moved to approve the minutes of the March 27, 2018 regular meeting.  Board Member Jim Lowe seconded the motion.  The motion carried unanimously.

Meetings

No Meetings were scheduled or held.

New Business

No New Business was brought before the Board.


 

Old Business

~ Proposed Subdivision Regulations

  • The Board reviewed and discussed various portions of the Proposed Subdivision Regulations, mostly for the purposes of consistency and clarification. Chairman Wells will update the document with the revisions discussed and agreed upon and send a revised set of regulations for all board members to review before the May 8th meeting, where Chairman Wells hopes to finalize and vote on the prosed Subdivision Regulations. If then approved, a Public Hearing could be held the following month.
  • Chairman Wells handed out a draft Town of Sutton Subdivision Submission Check List he prepared. This check list would be used to review Applicant provided documents and to help determine if the application submission requirements have been met. Chairman Wells will email this document to all board members to review before the May 8th meeting.  Chairman Wells asked that board members review this check list, not necessarily as board members, but rather as “lay applicants.”

~ Eversource

  • Scott Whitcomb from Eversource and someone from TDS each called Elly Phillips, Town Administrator, on December 13, 2017. They both expressed concern about a couple of trees on Kezar Street that were rubbing up against the utility lines and stated they would like to have the trees removed.
  • Emails were exchanged between Eversource and the Sutton Land Use Coordinator in mid-December and early January and the concern was discussed at the January 9, 2018 Planning Board regular meeting. At the January 9th meeting, Chairperson Wells gave an overview of the issue at-hand and the board discussed options that could be taken to alleviate the situation. The Planning Board’s preferred option is to move the pole to the other side of the street.  This seems reasonable as the pole was to be replaced anyway.
  • There has been no further correspondence from Eversource or TDS. However, the Planning Board does not need to follow-up on this concern as Kezar Street is a scenic road and any request to remove trees would need to come before the Planning Board and a Public Hearing would need to be held.

Correspondence/Final Comments

~ The Planning Board 2018 budget was funded as requested.

~ The Planning Board received a letter from the Lake Sunapee Protective Association (LSPA) notifying board members that the LSPA “has been awarded a federal grant through the NHDES Watershed Assistance Program to update the existing Management Plan for the Sunapee Watershed” and that an informational meeting will be held on Thursday April 12, 2018 starting at 6:30 p.m. at the LSPA Learning Center.  Chairman Wells will try to attend the informational meeting.

~ A proposed wetlands crossing application (John Rogers, Birch Hill Road, Tax Map 1 Lot 576, 410) was submitted to the Planning Board.  This application is not germane to the Planning Board.  Chairman Wells will forward the application on to the Conservation Commission.

~ Chairman Wells will send an email to all board members to verify their email addresses.  He also will attach a draft agenda for the rest of the year that board members are asked to review both for reasonableness and proposed action items before the May 8th meeting.

~ Chairman Wells will attend the 24th Annual Planning & Zoning Conference to be held in Concord on Saturday April 28, 2018 and asked if any other board members also want to attend.  Board members David Angeli, Jim Lowe, and Diane Lander would like to attend.  Ex-Officio Member Bill Curless would like to attend but will need to check his schedule.  Alternate Board Member Diane Lander added that Board Member Debbie Lang would like to attend.  Chairman Wells will ask Elly Phillips, Town Administrator, to register the board members for the conference.

Adjournment

Motion: Ex-Officio Member Bill Curless moved to adjourn the meeting.  Board Member David Angeli seconded the motion.  The motion carried unanimously.

The meeting adjourned at 8:12 p.m.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Diane M. Lander

Planning Board Alternate Member